OKRA, LADIES FINGER, BHINDI
Okra is a popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content. Okra is also known for being high in antioxidants. Okra is also a good source of calcium and potassium. Okra, commonly known as lady’s fingers, is used in various recipes. This vegetable is of high medicinal and nutritional value. it can be eaten raw, cooked, or steamed depending on the diet plan. it helps in normalizing blood sugar levels, relieves constipation acts as a respiratory soother.
Health Benefits of Eating Okra
- It’s low on calories
- It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol.
- It can help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- It contains lots of dietary fiber.
- It’s rich in vitamin A and other antioxidants.
- It’s a rich source of vitamin C, which helps with the body’s immunity
- It’s a good source of minerals, including iron, calcium, magnesium and manganese.
- It contains vitamin K, which is important for bone health and plays a major role in blood clotting.