Teasle Gourd, Kantola or Spiny Gourd
Teasle gourd or Kantola belongs to the bitter gourd family but is not as bitter in taste even with the skin on.
It is a rich source of phytonutrients and low in calories only 17 cal per 100g. They are full of different nutrients like dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- Reduces blood sugar level in diabetic patients.
- Reduces the chances of cancer and is anti-aging
- Improves digestion
- helps in prevention of various eye diseases,
- helps in prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- a very good antioxidant and promotes cleansing of the body.